Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Stave it off

Recently (the past several months), I have been using the word "stave" in casual conversation quote a large amount. For all of you eager readers out there who have always wondered what the implications are of "staved" I will explain now.

To stave something generally means to screw it up. At one point, I was carrying a large object (1 million + pounds) and accidentally slipped on the gym floor of West Salem. I had staved my knee in this instance. If someone had shot my knee, that would mean my knee had been owned. My knee is still staved to this day.

Stave can also be used as an exclamation, similarly in usage to such words as CRAP or FLIP. When stave is exlaimed, it means someone is experiencing something unpleasent. A proper time to say stave would be if you puked on your date. An improper time would be if you puked in the toilet.

Stave can also be used in conjuction with the words: it, off. This combination of words creates the saying: "stave it off". When said, this literally means to "shrug it off" or "ignore it" or plain "stop caring". If you are whining about getting owned by my ak-47, I might say Stave it off. Likely, I would just say shut up.

Finally, stave can be said at pretty much anytime while doing work, because work can be associated with negative things (see original meaning of "stave"). I might say stave while at school, simply because school is staved and I wish I could just stave it off.

God bless America, and the staved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Ted said...

Especially the Staved....God knows I need his blessings. =p (for those blondes who frequent Arjay's AIM Profile links, the implication is that I am Staved)

January 19, 2005 at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home