Saturday, January 15, 2005

Thoughts on Crescent Valley

With my recent involvement with robotics, it has occurred to me once again that Crescent Valley exists, which sends shudders through my spine.

I have only been to their school a handful of times, all of which had to do with robotics scrimmages. Since robotics scrimmages are generally not an activity I tend to happily engage in, I dismissed the whole event as some lame thing I had to attend and have thus stereotyped the entire campus at the same level I stereotype Prisons.

I say Prisons because CV is the best representation of a prison I've ever seen. Even better than the principles office, because CV feels negative. The entire building is made out of pure conrete, even the roof. Don't ask me why the roof is this large mass of concrete, because I would tell you "because it was built during the clinton administration", which it was.

CV has a pretty cool stream going through the middle of their "center congregating area", but while I was there it looked like it was so littered with Taco Bell wrappers that the water was actually a dark green. The benches were also crappy, they had no backrests.

My final point about CV is the fact that the school is out in the middle of nowhere. You have to drive upwards of 5 minutes outside of Corvallis just to get to it, and when you drive past you think you've missed it because you don't visually match prisons and schools. "Hey mom, there's my school!" "No Billy, thats a prison. That's where your father is".

Basically, CV is a bad place, and I urge all of you to stay out of range. Or, if you must go within range, take some scissors so you can cut off one of their robotics team members (nicknamed "Mullet") who has a large Mullet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home