Friday, January 14, 2005

A conjecture

I have made a conjecture about girls profiles:
In a word, they always stink. They contain nothing funny, no cool hyperlinks, no cool picture made out of using symbols like / and - or ~. Mostly girls profiles contain abstract thoughts and emotions only experienced by girls.
There are three types of "girl" buddy profiles. The first is very big. It contains mostly empty space though. You have to scroll down forever, then about halfway down you get to some real text, but its usually something that says "i love YOU" or "best friends" or "walks on the beach" and its in extremely small font. It is usually italicized.
A little further down you'll find some symbol like a heart or the ever popular "symbol heart" which is actually an inequality sign and a 3. It looks like:

<3


It took my a long time to figure out this was meant to be a heart and not just an interger greater than 3. Call me a logical person.
The second type of profile is just one million phrases strung one after another that say deep-emotional things like "Never lie to your best friend" or "i just want you to hold me close" or "boys are the Best but they suck". My conjecture here is that most of the time, anythign relating to love, relationships, or men in general is untrue. If I went up to any of these girls and "held them close" they would probably freak out and I would get a PDA violation. As far as the girl-to-girl information, I won't even go there.
The third type is quoted friends saying things like:
RandomGurl15: i REALLY like THAD he is so HOT. Hot like an IRON.
Basically, the profile is supposed to be funny. Personally, I find this humor very... bad. It is just a girl making a ditzy comment, it wasn't funny to begin with and now it is just non-funny humor inside of a profile.
I've covered girl's profiles, but I think i'll move on to their screen names. They are always mispelled versions of real English words, like BabeyGurl222 or LuveyDuvey14. Generally, the name will include Babe, Gurl, Girl, Hot, "B-balln", or some other feminine word that is found in most names. Pretty much all girls screen names I can think of contain one of these. Except Haley because she has ingenuity.
I'm done.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home